Moderated by : davidmorgan , Andy B , Klingon , bat400 , sem , Runemage , TheCaptain

The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map : Index >> Sacred Sites and Megalithic Mysteries >> Growing Plants by the Moon etc.
New  Reply
AuthorGrowing Plants by the Moon etc.
sem

from Bridgend,S.Wales

OFF-Line

Posted 05-05-2024 at 03:39   
I posted on Jonm's 'Stonehenge Hypotheses' thread https://www.megalithic.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=9187&forum=4&start=40 that using the moon to grow plants may well have been the reason why the moon's movements may have been a reason for including these in the design of Stonehenge - bear in mind that was at the very beginning of agriculture in the UK.
Runemage has also shown an interest in this, so we would both like to hear from anyone who has used the moon to improve their own plant yields.
One other thing for me is that a long time ago I was involved with an archaeological research group and a lady in the group, who's main interest was Medieval herb gardens, told me that Venus was very important to these. I never managed to talk to her about this in more detail. So if anyone can shed more light on Venus, I would appreciate it!

Link fixed

[ This message was edited by: Andy B on 2024-05-05 06:51 ]

Profile   Reply
Megalithic89

from Zurich

OFF-Line

Posted 06-05-2024 at 16:58   
Hi Sem,
One can make a horoscope for everything and look at the influence of the planets. All planets, including Venus. One really can make a horoscope of the moment when putting the seeds into the earth. Normally, when gardening, I pay attention to the influence of the moon. I've never paid attention to Venus.

And I looked through my plant medicine book, the author gives tips everywhere on how to collect the plants according to the position of the moon. Wood can also be beaten according to the moon position.

But I'm really curious if anyone has experience with the influence of Venus.
Gaby

[ This message was edited by: Megalithic89 on 2024-05-06 18:57 ]

Profile   Reply
kozmoplov

OFF-Line

Posted 08-05-2024 at 11:18   
High!

My experience is, that everyone should try to do gardening following the moon, and when you will try it, you will see that we have a little knowledge about moving of the moon and different mo(o)nths and that is there so many things to learn before moon gardening.

Easy thing is to buy moon planting calendars and plant when they say so (and be a believer). It is good to know when is moon near earth and when is far, when is crossing nodes, when is high in sky and when is low in the sky... For plants is most important ascending and descending of moon (breathing of the moon). Ascending: sow, harvest, graft. Descendinglant, transplant, fertilize. And bad times for gardening are crossing nodes and perigee and apogee. Also full moon, and new moon have different effects, since when is full moon, than is moon in earths magnetic tail and it can bounce back solar flares and solar winds and plasma to dark side of the earth, and when is new moon, than it is inbetween sun and earth. Than it can also interrupt incoming solar wind and has also effect on earth and moon.

easy to dig planting calendar... http://app.jardinages.com/calendrier-lunaire

and what about the planets? since they can trigger earthquakes and volcanoes, their influence can't be denied and the tradition of using herbs and medicinals of plant origin pays attention even to the planets. what and how, is very hard to find out, but if you read older literature, you will see that some older "plant manuals" tell which plant is under influence of moon, which from sun, jupiter and i think there are all 7 moving lights included in that logic as in 7 days of week...

funny fact. 2022 was year of Jupiter. in Roman and Greek history the plant of the god Jupiter was wallnut (juglans - jupiters fruits), in greek is called dios balanos (gods acorn)... and in that year we had so many wallnuts, that we have it still today...

As above,so bellow.

I hope i helped.

G

Profile   Reply
kozmoplov

OFF-Line

Posted 22-05-2024 at 13:43   
More about which plant is under which planet has been written by Nicholas Culpeper. So search for a book Culpeper's Complete Herbal.

Profile   Reply
Runemage

from UK

OFF-Line

Posted 27-05-2024 at 12:47   
Hello kozmoplov and welcome,

Many thanks for all of the information.

Culpepper's was the only herbal widely available when interest in herbs and natural medicine etc. was rekindled in the late '60s and beyond.

Profile   Reply
David

from Newcastle-on-Tyne

OFF-Line

Posted 28-05-2024 at 18:49   
Yes, plant seeds of vegetables and flowers a couple of days before the New Moon and harvest around a Full Moon. Plant seeds of root crops a couple of days before the Full Moon and harvest around the New. It works well but is only very simple. But it is growing by the moon. The plants wouldn't get anywhere without the sun, of course.

Profile   Reply
New  Reply
Jump To