Moderated by : davidmorgan , Andy B , Klingon , bat400 , sem , Runemage , TheCaptain

The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map : Index >> Sacred Sites and Megalithic Mysteries >> A list of Stonehenge hypotheses
New  Reply
Page 4 of 4 ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
AuthorA list of Stonehenge hypotheses
Runemage

from UK

OFF-Line

Posted 29-04-2024 at 09:25   
Moon Gardening, there's a bit more of the theory here.

I've heard of the technique being used for medicinal plants as well as edible ones.
https://permacultureprinciples.com/post/planting-by-the-moon/
It's featured in old Farmer's Almanacs and the like, one day when I have enough time I'd like to try a few small scale observations.

Profile   Reply
jonm

from UK

OFF-Line

Posted 10-05-2024 at 18:25   
#36: Stonehenge as a Giant Xylophone/Lithophone.

Author: Jon Wozencroft and/or Paul Devereux (2013)
Preseli Bluestones which are the stones found on the 5000-year-old site might have been picked due to their "acoustic energy."

Summary at Royal College of Art
Huff post article"

Note hypothesis related to hypothesis #5, but #5 is more about sound reflection rather than using the stones as an instrument

Profile  Email   Reply
MartinW

from Salisbury

OFF-Line

Posted 12-05-2024 at 10:15   
I don't know enough about the moon cycles of Stonehenge, but as a qualified herbalist I did investigate the moon cycle planting issues. There are a few books on this and it seems to have a long tradition. I do know that certain medicinal plants have been proven to have a high content of the so-called "active" chemicals at full moon which is why traditional herbalists and witches gathered them at night. So I guess the shamen/women would have known about this during the stone age.

Martin

Profile   Reply
Go to Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
New  Reply
Jump To