Featured: How and why the ancients enchanted Great Britain and Brittany

How and why the ancients enchanted Great Britain and Brittany

Visiting the Past: Finding and Understanding Britain's Archaeology

Visiting the Past: Finding and Understanding Britain's Archaeology

Who's Online

There are currently, 207 guests and 0 members online.

You are a guest. To join in, please register for free by clicking here

Sponsors

Moderated by : Andy B , Klingon , TheCaptain , bat400 , davidmorgan , Runemage , SolarMegalith , sem , Martin_L

The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map : Index >> Stones Forum >> UN megaliths studying sk.cooperation.
New  Reply
AuthorUN megaliths studying sk.cooperation.
Anonymous

User not Registered
 Posted 13-05-2004 at 07:45   
We, Russian are planning to visit UK to study megalithic sites of the country and are seeking for cooperation from the organization or private persons in the area.Please contact us by e-mail.
We would be very much obliged if you would be interested in our project. (International Academy of Science of Nature and Society under RANS (Russian Academy of Natural Science)
е-mail: tetrada@crosna.net

Jimit

from winchester

OFF-Line

Posted 14-05-2004 at 13:34   
I think that if you study this Portal you will find that there are guides available to many counties of the UK. If you contact us via this forum with more details of the sites you wish to visit I'm sure we would be happy to help.

Profile   Reply
Andy B

from Surrey, UK

OFF-Line

Posted 14-05-2004 at 23:07   
I don't think they will mind me reprinting this introductory letter they sent me:

Ref: Information letter regarding activities of the Institute of Universal knowledge and the IASNS section on history of ancient civilizations

To whom it may concern

The interests of scientific group of the Institute and IASNS section are focused on the ancient civilizations of the Euro-Asia region, namely, Altai menhirs, analogy between the Altai menhirs and cromlechs and the West–European ancient megalithic structures.

According to the results of scientific studies conducted in the Euro-Asia region the Institute delivered lectures during the meeting of the section of the Euro-Asian studies in IASNS under RAEN headed by professor G. A. Ugaj. The results of multiyear studies of Eastern and Western cultures carried out in India, China, Iran, Turkey, Caucuses, Altai and Bulgaria were presented.
There were publications in the "Moskovskaya Pravda" newspaper and "Svet" ("Light"), "Nature and Man", "Science and Religion" magazines.

Together with prof. V.N. Demin the program of expedition to the Kola Peninsula was prepared and carried out. This expedition was aimed at studying of sacral places, sanctuaries, stone lines, labyrinths, dolmens in Lovozero.
Together with the A.I. Asov, researcher of the Russian culture, who has deciphered the Veles book, plan of expedition aimed at studying of megalithic structures in the North Caucuses (Loo, Kudepsta, Krasnaya Polyana), South and Middle Ural (Stone tents of Ekaterinbourg, mount Iremel, mount Vusokaya, Bear-stone and others) as well as Altai (sacred valley of Soopu, Pazyryk, Balyk-seokh and area of Belukha river) was developed and carried out.

Multiyear researches have resulted in understanding that existing layer of ancient megalithic culture has a number of common structural features and laws as well as spreading dynamic.

If the Thelac's theory supported by Guseva's, Zharnikova's, Demina's and A. Asov's studies as well as works of other scientists on arctic motherland of humankind and beginning of Indo-Arian migration from the North to the South is correct then the centers from which the megalithic monuments are spreading correspond to the main vector.

Regarding this main vector there is additional understanding that the ancient megalithic culture development is correlated with the presence of the Indo-Arian substrate. As per archeological, paleolinguistic, toponymic and hydronymic data, the existence of the Sanskrit roots in habitation area of the modern ugro-finnish, West and East slave peoples as well as Allans and Ossetes of the Caucuses, turks in Altai and Eastern Siberia has been revealed.

Comparative religiously oriented studies reconstruct basic structure of spiritual culture in the form of symbols and mythology about origin of the World, Sky, Earth and Human Being as well as reveal a number of correlations and parallels in the structure of each monument to a certain archaic plots of the theological cosmic, anthropogenic myths and symbols.

One of the main specific feature of the proto Indo-Arian culture is the existence of clear traces of the Sun cult and star orientation of the sacred places to the centers of the certain constellations with the distinct monument orientation from the South-West to the North-East of the area which corresponds to the points of winter and summer solstice as coordinal axes of sun annual movement. The special feature of the sun cult sun is the minimum number of minor Gods- mediators, that is the distinct orientation to the main Gods – Creators of the World.

The specific features of the solar cults and the corresponding sacral organization of the monuments of the spiritual culture of the ancient peoples are as follows:

Location on elevations or secluded island territories cut off the mainland;
Rounded solar structure with distinct and fixed center, sanctuary entrance and exit;
Complicated circular structure (multi-phases) in the form of spiral and labyrinth as a dynamic element of development;

Introduction of vertical elements in the sacral places symbol – symbol of World Tree, World Mountain (Meru), standing Proto Man (Manu) and its peace creating function as a phallic symbol;
Flame, wheel and horse as symbols of solar form of energy and vital force;
Circular finite symbolism of sanctuaries is the basis of the circular structure of cities of the ancient Indo-Arian peoples (Arkaim, Sintashta, South Ural, Feruzabad,- Iran, Krasnaya Polyana- North Caucuses and others);

When studying the ancient sanctuaries the distinct differences between solar and lunar chthonian principles of the annual cycle was revealed which is the specific features of the most ancient (proto Indo-Arian) matriarchy cultures:
Shulgantash cave in Bashkiriya (10 000 B.C. the prehistoric drawings, and lunar matriarchy fertility);
Tripoljie in the Ukraine (Mother–In-Childbirth cult);
Chatal-Kujuk in Turkey (The Grate Mother-Goddess);
Madar cave in Bulgaria and etc.

That is why to continue the comparative analysis and study of ancient monuments from the religious point of view by the scientists of the Institute and IASNS section it is essential to conduct expedition to the Western Europe, namely, to the Grate Britain, to get acquaint with forms, symbols, sacral architectonical pattern and spiritual significance of its megalithic monuments.

According to the result of the expedition a number of lectures will be delivered during Euro-Asian section of IASNS under RANS, headed by G.A. Ugaj with publication in scientific work collections of the IASNS under RANS.

Best Regards

L.V. Peretrutova
IASNS Academician
(International Academy of Science of Nature and Society under RANS (Russian Academy of Natural Science)

Profile  Email   Reply
Anonymous

User not Registered
 Posted 21-05-2004 at 07:55   
Quote:

On 2004-05-14 13:34, Jimit wrote:
I think that if you study this Portal you will find that there are guides available to many counties of the UK. If you contact us via this forum with more details of the sites you wish to visit I'm sure we would be happy to help.

Dear Jim Mitchell!

Thank you for your reply in . We do need assistance in arranging our trip. First we are facing problems with the route. We would like to visit the most interesting stone site (“must” site). Second, practical arrangements.We would like to have things arranged before coming and also to know the approximate level of expenditures.
We will be deeply thankful for cooperation.
Andrei

Anonymous

User not Registered
 Posted 21-05-2004 at 08:01   
[quote]
On 2004-05-14 23:07, Andy B wrote:
I don't think they will mind me reprinting this introductory letter they sent me:

Dear Andy!

No problem with printing our letter which seems to be a bit long for the forum but still very useful to know more about us. I wrote to Jimit about our current tasks. Do you have any ideas to have us oriented in the situation taking into account that we are interested in low budget trip.

Best Regards

Andrei

Anonymous

User not Registered
 Posted 21-05-2004 at 11:04   
Quote:
UN megalithic studying sk. cooperation
е-mail: tetrada@crosna.net

Just noted: please instead of "UN mehalithic Studying...." read "UK megalithic Studynig..."
Sorry.
Andrei

syzygy426

from Hungary

OFF-Line

Posted 24-08-2006 at 14:53   
Quote:

On 2004-05-13 07:45, Anonymous wrote:
We would be very much obliged if you would be interested in our project.

hi Andrei!

on the 30th of july, this year i have found something on an other forum about Arkaim.

it really amazed me, what's more, i could not be able to sober yet!

from that time my purpose is to collect all available infos from net and to placemark all the ancient sites of "Land of Towns" on GoogleEarth.

please visit THIS thread on GEC Forums and let me know anything additional on this exciting subject!

thanks for response in advance!

regards,

gábor

Profile   Reply
New  Reply
Jump To

Sponsors