[< Gallery Home | Latest Images | Top 100 | Submit Picture >]
<< Previous Picture | Next Picture >>
| weem perthshire |
[832 x 624 jpg]
Unless otherwise stated, this image is the copyright of the submitter. Contact them for permission to reproduce it.
|Description ||This cup markd stone was found at weem near aberfeldy and is now on display at perth museum.The stone head in the photo was found at muirton perth and is of roman origin.|
|Alternative Names of the stone are: 'Meall Rawer' and 'Shenavail Farmhouse'. It was found in grid ref NN 833 508, N. of the farm, and first reported in 1958 by J.G. Dunbar. The stone bears 13 cups, one ringed, on the displayed side. On the back it is marked with a latin cross. One edge is broken and the position of the cross suggets that it was carved after the stone was broken. The stone was donated to the museum in 1985 (Accession no: 1985.105)|
To post comments first you must Register!
Megalithic Portal eGallery, images of megaliths and prehistoric sites worldwide, free to view.