Featured: Lost Secrets - an adventure during Neolithic times

Lost Secrets - an adventure during Neolithic times

Random Image

Knowlton Rings

Megaliths by David Corio

Megaliths by David Corio

Who's Online

There are currently, 275 guests and 0 members online.

You are a guest. To join in, please register for free by clicking here

Sponsors

Moderated by : Andy B , sem , Klingon , bat400 , TheCaptain , Runemage , SolarMegalith , davidmorgan , Martin_L

The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map : Index >> Portal Talking Shop >> Please tell Gmail our emails are Not Spam!
New  Reply
AuthorPlease tell Gmail our emails are Not Spam!
Andy B

from Surrey, UK

OFF-Line

Posted 30-01-2015 at 14:54   
I'm getting quite a few messages from Gmail (and Virgin Media) account holders saying they can't find our our password reset and newsletter emails. It seems that they are being put in Gmail's Spam Bin by default.

The only way round this seems to be for you to click on
'Not Spam' on the messages - which tells Gmail our messages are (obviously) not spam.

The more people who do this then we might eventually get out of the Spam 'sin bin'.

There doesn't seem to be a way I can officially register our emails as 'not spam' as I do with Hotmail and others. So if you get this problem, please click on the button on Gmail to tell them our messages are not spam!

Feedback on the newsletters is always welcome.
Many Thanks
Andy (and team)

Profile  Email   Reply
Andy B

from Surrey, UK

OFF-Line

Posted 03-03-2015 at 21:04   
I'm very pleased and relieved to say I have finally fixed this. After many hours of work over some months I have identified the reason that our emails were going in people's spam bins, or just not delivered at all.

I have added a cryptographic signature to our outgoing emails to verify they are genuine Portal emails. This is called DKIM signing and I managed to get this set up once I found out what the issue was, following months of wild goose chases!

So this week a load of people are going to get our newsletter in their inbox when previously they didn't. I hope you like it!

Andy B

[ This message was edited by: Andy B on 2015-03-03 21:05 ]

Profile  Email   Reply
New  Reply
Jump To

Sponsors