Featured: How and why the ancients enchanted Great Britain and Brittany

How and why the ancients enchanted Great Britain and Brittany

Random Image

Hawk Stone

See Your Book Here

See Your Book Here

Who's Online

There are currently, 336 guests and 3 members online.

You are a guest. To join in, please register for free by clicking here

Sponsors

Moderated by : davidmorgan , Andy B , Klingon , bat400 , sem , Runemage , TheCaptain

The Megalithic Portal and Megalith Map : Index >> Sacred Sites and Megalithic Mysteries >> The nature of the energy of 'Ley Lines'
New  Reply
AuthorThe nature of the energy of 'Ley Lines'
sburkey

from Llanynys

OFF-Line

Posted 08-08-2007 at 12:12   
Hello All,
I have been tracking Ley Lines across north Wales and Shropshire and would like to share some observations and thoughts.
I made the comments below in response to Paul Devereaux's article on 'Where ley lines led' featured on Megalithic web site.

The Earth is a living organism which has a network of energy lines criss-crossing it like a spiders web.
Ancient man throughout the world knew of this energy and interpreted it as being of spirit form, paths of the dead etc. As with any common phenomenon, different cultures interpreted them slightly differently and added their own particular folklore which evolved over time.
This energy is what most people can detect using dowsing rods, if only they would look. The energy travels in striaght lines until it crosses another energy line when there will be some interaction and the direction the line takes will be shifted by about 10 degrees. These lines in recent decades have been given the name Ley Lines, our modern culture is interpreting this energy as ancient cultures did, only we are putting our own slant on this mystical subject.
More research is needed into the nature of this energy. It is unfortunate Mr Devereux continually attacks the modern interpretation of this energy and the term Ley Lines.

Profile   Reply
cropredy

from Oxon

OFF-Line

Posted 08-08-2007 at 17:01   
sburkey,
Welcome, I myself percieve the lines as neutral, a matrix of support like lines that provide a pathway for other less neutral energies to travel upon and cross from line to line as they are attracted to points of least resistance.
Kevin

Profile   Reply
sburkey

from Llanynys

OFF-Line

Posted 08-08-2007 at 18:16   
Dear Kevin,

thanks for the prompt reply, I'm not sure what you mean by 'neutral', forgive me I'm new to this. When I dowse I don't 'ask' anything as such and I am now able to feel the line about 6 paces before the rods move. Anyway, let me try to describe exactly what I've observed.
When I discover a line I follow it, and invariable when I meet another line crossing it the original line deviates by about 10 degrees, and so if I was following a line on a bearing of 180 degrees due south, the line would switch to a bearing of around 170degrees. And likewise the crossing line on a bearing of 90 degrees for example would switch to 80 degrees.
This to me suggests measureable physics and the interaction of two fields causing a slight displacement in direction. If we can analyse this displacement then we can take a step closer to understanding the nature of the energy.
An example of a line I have tracked and which you can check on a map is a line that runs from west of the standing stone of Cynionion, near the village of Rhydycroesau. The line passes right through the stone and is met by a line coming from the north and intersects in the stone. Once leaving the stone the line travels east on a new bearing until it crosses another line coming from the south west, they intersect at the entrance of the Oswestry Hillfort. The line then follows a new bearing east and eventually passes through Whittington castle.
Any thoughts on whats going on here, obviously ancient man knew of these nodes and lines. I have come across this in many other places also.
cheers
shaun

Profile   Reply
rorymacquisten

from Avebury

OFF-Line

Posted 08-08-2007 at 18:41   
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 18:16, sburkey wrote:
Dear Kevin,

thanks for the prompt reply, I'm not sure what you mean by 'neutral', forgive me I'm new to this. When I dowse I don't 'ask' anything as such and I am now able to feel the line about 6 paces before the rods move. Anyway, let me try to describe exactly what I've observed.
When I discover a line I follow it, and invariable when I meet another line crossing it the original line deviates by about 10 degrees, and so if I was following a line on a bearing of 180 degrees due south, the line would switch to a bearing of around 170degrees. And likewise the crossing line on a bearing of 90 degrees for example would switch to 80 degrees.
This to me suggests measureable physics and the interaction of two fields causing a slight displacement in direction. If we can analyse this displacement then we can take a step closer to understanding the nature of the energy.
An example of a line I have tracked and which you can check on a map is a line that runs from west of the standing stone of Cynionion, near the village of Rhydycroesau. The line passes right through the stone and is met by a line coming from the north and intersects in the stone. Once leaving the stone the line travels east on a new bearing until it crosses another line coming from the south west, they intersect at the entrance of the Oswestry Hillfort. The line then follows a new bearing east and eventually passes through Whittington castle.
Any thoughts on whats going on here, obviously ancient man knew of these nodes and lines. I have come across this in many other places also.
cheers
shaun

Hi Shaun

I too have been following energy lines for some years now and would say that I have not found such rigid measurements as yours, nor would I add has Hamish Miller. The lines do at times appear to follow straight lines and within the lines there are many seemingly parallel lines, however I am observing them across the countryside and sometimes, not often, on areas of high ground they take a turn to another direction, even when no other line has intersected with them.

However that is only what I am observing, you may well have had sufficient observations to draw your conclusions. There may be a subtle difference in the way we are looking for these lines. We know consciousness can affect them and we know that the power of suggestion can sometime influence results. I try to get into an Alpha predominant frame of mind, then ask to follow the line I am tracking with the movement of the rods, giving me feedback when I hit the lines.

I am interested in what you have done so far as I am persuing a theory that there may be two pairs of major lines that run across Wales. One to the North and one to the South. I am following a pair to the South.

References in the past mythologies to Red and White Dragons and wars being fought over and with them, could well be indications of a past people using these energies in these lines to assist them in their ends - amongst which possibly the winning of battles.

How far have you followed the lines so far and do they look like they are heading in any particular direction.

Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

Rory

Profile   Reply
ilex

OFF-Line

Posted 08-08-2007 at 22:53   
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 12:12, sburkey wrote:
Hello All,
I have been tracking Ley Lines across north Wales and Shropshire and would like to share some observations and thoughts.
I made the comments below in response to Paul Devereaux's article on 'Where ley lines led' featured on Megalithic web site.

The Earth is a living organism which has a network of energy lines criss-crossing it like a spiders web.
Ancient man throughout the world knew of this energy and interpreted it as being of spirit form, paths of the dead etc. As with any common phenomenon, different cultures interpreted them slightly differently and added their own particular folklore which evolved over time.
This energy is what most people can detect using dowsing rods, if only they would look. The energy travels in striaght lines until it crosses another energy line when there will be some interaction and the direction the line takes will be shifted by about 10 degrees. These lines in recent decades have been given the name Ley Lines, our modern culture is interpreting this energy as ancient cultures did, only we are putting our own slant on this mystical subject.
More research is needed into the nature of this energy. It is unfortunate Mr Devereux continually attacks the modern interpretation of this energy and the term Ley Lines.

Hi shaun

Be careful about describing ley lines as one type of phenomonem, there are a multitude of energy lines out there. Curry and Hartmann lines run in straight lines, as does straight yang energy associated with underground water.
Serpentine lines in no way behave in the way you describe in this post. They constantly twist and turn and sometimes loop completely on themselves. I have also found them one upon the other.
I think it's important to differentiate and classify what you and others find.(myself included).
One mans or womans ley line may well be different to another's, I'm interested in how you percieve what you dowse and if it corresponds to other dowser's perceptions.

I have to say that ley line is an inaccurate word and I personally try and avoid using it, especially when dowsing.

I think it would be benefitial for the dowsers on ths forum to meet up and check out each other's findings/methods and perceptions of what we so obviously feel/find and see each day.

regards

ilex

Profile   Reply
BERNARDQUATERMASS

from Oldham, Lancashire

OFF-Line

Posted 09-08-2007 at 08:29   

Kevin............How do...............You refer to a matrix of support lines which carry other energies. It sounds like the world wide web.

PS....I watched Yorkshire V Middlesex in the local last night, (day/night match), what a cracking game.

Profile   Reply
cropredy

from Oxon

OFF-Line

Posted 09-08-2007 at 10:44   
Bernardquatermass,
I do not percieve of the lines as been world wide.
I percieve them as universal, and probably beyond that.
I cannot prove that without either going out into universe , or someone from universe coming here.
I consider that the lines are one inch wide and act as carrier pathways, they permeate everything.
The dowser can atune to a vast array of signals, many become almost locked onto one or two signals, some are masters at following specific flows of what is travelling upon the lines, that which flows can pass from line to line, and does so in a method.
That method is easily manipulated, hence stones and such constructions.
The dowsers upon this thread would be best served if we all meet up, and help each other, and formulate a common terminology.
Kevin

Profile   Reply
mikecroley

OFF-Line

Posted 09-08-2007 at 20:47   
Thought you'd like this Kev':

Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 1:41am BST 08/08/2007

Levitation has been elevated from being pure science fiction to science fact, according to a study reported today by physicists.

In earlier work the same team of theoretical physicists showed that invisibility cloaks are feasible.

Now, in another report that sounds like it comes out of the pages of a Harry Potter book, the University of St Andrews team has created an 'incredible levitation effects’ by engineering the force of nature which normally causes objects to stick together.

Professor Ulf Leonhardt and Dr Thomas Philbin, from the University of St Andrews in Scotland, have worked out a way of reversing this pheneomenon, known as the Casimir force, so that it repels instead of attracts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/06/nlevitate106.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

Profile   Reply
brigantia

from Yorkshire & Argyll

OFF-Line

Posted 10-08-2007 at 16:07   
Hi sburkey -

Quote:

On 2007-08-08 12:12, sburkey wrote:
It is unfortunate Mr Devereux continually attacks the modern interpretation of this energy and the term Ley Lines.

With respect - Devereux has done more research into the history, nature, etc of leys than probably anyone on Earth. His studies have been multidisciplinary and cover more than 40yrs. He's been involved with the research of thousands of dowsers over the decades and can clearly tell what's worth looking at, from beginner's ventures. He has caught the academic attention of archaeologists, anthropologists, neurologists and other fellas in top research fields in University Campus's across the world. If only the fella's works were explored a bit more, people would start to realise he knows a lot more about what he's talking about than most of us!

All the best - Paul

Profile  Email   Reply
sburkey

from Llanynys

OFF-Line

Posted 11-08-2007 at 00:56   
Paul

get over yourself!

Shaun

Profile   Reply
cropredy

from Oxon